Wednesday, October 12, 2005

iBookiebookiewookie

guess who's typing away happily on her brand-new just-out-of-the-box all-white minimalist iBook?

the delivery man came as i was asleep, and i immediately jumped out of bed with glee at the thought of my iBook at the door. he must have thought i was a crazy pyjamas-clad oriental girl, answering the door so bleary-eyed and signing away without knowing what he was talking about.

all i wanted was my box! (like a crack-addicted squirrel i was.)

have been trying out all these new things that Tiger comes with, and the one thing i really want right now is the software serial number to activate iWorks - but i have to pay for it. that thing is pretty cool and would totally trump Office anyday. so... christmas present, anyone?

appleworks seems like adequate enough though, for my laziness right now. i'm too lazy to go find my copies of Office to install, even though it's right up there on the shelf in the box of computer things. the shelf is high, i am short. i shall wait out my slothfulness whilst making my tour around this Tiger thing...

...or until appleworks pisses me off and i feel the need to run back into the safe and familiar arms of Word (that evil thing).

7 Comments:

Blogger Tym said...

We have iWorks too, but I've been a slave to MS Office for too long and couldn't make the switch (even though I really, really tried to give the Mac version a try). Oh well.

3:51 pm  
Blogger ejl said...

appleworks has pissed me off already. i don't get the saving format thingies - appleworks?, mac 6?, windows 97, 2000, XP? WHAT?!

sigh.

off to drag the stool and search for my installation discs for MS Office.

6:23 pm  
Blogger Terz said...

Good on you. A moment of silence for your previous laptop.

And git on the meme!

=D

8:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah appleworks is hard to use. i live by mac office. it's really not that bad. much easier to use than the windows version.

tt

5:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, you have a Terrific blog here! Lots of content means more readers, more readers means more interaction!
I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a
window xp service pack 2site/blog. It pretty much covers window xp service pack 2 related stuff.
Come take a Look when you get a chance. :-)

2:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

3:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

7:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home