Thursday, August 11, 2005

i resolve to...

Some people have New Year Resolutions. I have new school year maybe’s. When school used to start in January, they would coincide. But now that tertiary education generally begins somewhere weirdly two-thirds of the way into the year, so my school year maybe’s have to be thought out now.

And this is what I have come up with so far:

1. Actually take notes while doing readings, and not just underlining or highlighting it.
it’s a bitch and it takes double the time, but it’ll save on the grief come april

2. Go to all my lectures and classes.
sounds so easy, doesn’t it? But when it’s a 9am class and it’s snowing, my Neanderthal response is to dig deep under the covers and carry on sleeping.

3. Make more effort in my social life, and turn up at events when I’ve already promised to.
once again, easier said than actually done.

4. Take a trip to every megabus stop at least once
for 1 pound a ride, I’ll go to the ends of the earth with these guys. Maybe

5. Volunteer
ahem. I need to shore up halo/angelwings-credits to make up for all the evil I will unleash once I start practicing


I’m sure more will be added in due course, but this is all I can think up while sitting staring at a wall under flourescent tube lighting. Right now, my only resolution is to get out of the office, find seats and some lunch at Golden Shoe Carpark and have a cigarette at the end of it all.

And as a disclaimer, all the above aren't actually resolutions. They are categorised as 'Maybe's. So, failure to achieve any of them will not be regarded as the end of the world. Merely a continuance of my last two relak-jack years of hedonistic insobriety.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Webroot virus scanner Charles flood the baseball player family Downloader protection trojan virus

7:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home