Monday, August 01, 2005

stop.rewind.play

So the other night I ended up at Jalan Kayu with the best friend (girl’s division) for tea (her) and ice milo (me). I was supposed to have put my weekend on hold. But she had the car, and I was getting cabin fever. therefore, supper time.

We ended up talking until half-past-two in the morning while going backwards and forwards from my place to that place. We talked about things that we always talked about. About the past, about right now, about what’s maybe going to happen. And how much things have changed since we last met.

Photos from my trip to Portugal this summer were looked at, and her comments included gems like
‘Wah! Where is this? It's so nice! Europe always looks so romantic, hor?’
‘is he blonde? I though you said he was brunette. Oh wait. Oh I see. Ok yah he’s not blonde.’
The speed of speech was all a bit overwhelming after I had spent the whole day holed up in my mom’s office doing you-know-what. But every time I come back to this country, I realise how much I’ve missed the long night drives and the clatter-splatter-chatter-noise at 24hour eating places with endless supplies of teh-peng and nasi goreng ikan bilis.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site »

4:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home