Wednesday, August 10, 2005

underwhelmed

So there was National Day and fireworks and general chauvinistic display of military strength. Hurrah.

The only enjoyable thing about the whole affair was the pull-out segment in yesterday’s newspaper on the weird, wonderful and outright what-the-hell?! things that can be found on our sunny shores.

And imagine my surprise when the most handsome hawker turned out to be that fishball-noodles-selling boy from Amoy Street Hawker Centre. I always knew he’d make it some day. Although we intentionally skipped the ground floor, and went straight for better coffee on the 2nd floor this morning. Caffeine kicks over eye candy any day.


On another note,

HR departments obviously do not pay too much attention to applicant’s forms once they get through the initial ‘oops, no As at A-level, bin it!’ stage.

After explicitly stating that I will not be available until September, I get interview dates between 16th August and 01st September. yeah thanks. Now I have to call the damned woman and tell her that I won’t be in London until the 05th of September. Unless, of course, she and/or the firm she works for would like to stump up the money for an earlier flight back.

And as an ex-housemate of mine beautifully put it,
'I Don't Think So, Yo'

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

9:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home