Sunday, November 06, 2005

Weekender 02

It’s funny how I can hear the-boys-from-down-the-street (and their friends) hanging out and chatting away about things and life and girls in general. I don’t think they know I’m sitting here at my desk typing or reading away while they sit outside my window on the little wall philosophising as only teenagers can do.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Talking about moving (yes, i know i'm so boring and this is one of the few things that i only talk about, but so?), and the formalities like whose name should go on the bills (his, because he's got a longstanding relationship with the utilities companies) and whose name shall go on the tenancy agreement (mine, only because I’m student and we won’t have to pay council tax) and the maybe-problem of guarantors (because they don't trust that i won't run away without paying my rent on time and so i have to pay it all upfront) and also about the berlin-secret-thing.

Turns out, I’m probably going to have the whole flat to myself a lot more than I thought I would. It’s good in the sense that I was freaking out slightly over my potential loss of personal (study) space and so this will mean I’ll have lots of space and quiet to do just that. On the other hand, I’m not so sure about living alone alone in an area that I’m not overly familiar with, even if elephant&castle isn't really that safe in terms of london-wise.

But anyways, it’s all still waaaaaay early times to be talking about anything. I mean, we’re not even going to seriously look for places until January or February, and we’re not moving till March. We’ve got loads of time to figure things out and get into some sense of things.

For now, I’ll just continue my live-alone-rehearsal since he’s away till Tuesday.