Friday, January 06, 2006

house hunting is a chore

oh god i'm so tired of looking for places to live.

are ALL estate agents annoying as hell, and superduper totally type-A personalities? why do they all have screensavers of Jaguars and Mercedes SLKs? and why do they keep showing me totally shitty places when i'm so obvious at my dislike of the other 83837401 places that they've already shown me that are almost exactly the same as the one they're showing me? how many times must i curl my upper lip into a sneer and then re-compose myself to say in the politest tones ever that no, i don't think this place is right for me?

i think i'm just going to put in an offer for this one place that i viewed the other day. it's not perfect, but it's pretty good. i'll have to pay overlapping rent for the most part of February, but it's okay. it doesn't have a garden, but it's got a hugeass balcony so that makes up for it. it's not a nice pretty victorian conversion, but it's surrounded by them, so that's alright. it's not particularly near any nice parks, but it's got 2 squares minutes away from it with benches and everything, so that's rather nice.

and y'know, really, i just can't be bothered anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home